Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Claude Rains or When They Go…



When it is over it is over, but how to end it is the question?
Quick, clean and courteous seems to be the best answer, although “courteous” is a bit subjective. What the point in asking for or knowing the “why”? The fact they one wants out is cause enough.

Is it not a bit pathetic (perhaps this word is too strong) to plead or present a strong case for maintaining the connection. The moment one hast to illustrate or state why another should stay, at that moment it is already lost and the best is to let go.

The reason I am on this bit is  that for 6 hours I had to listen to the on and off again hushed whispering of just that.  Some guy seated behind me was trying to convince his lady friend to sign on for an extended tour.

uuuggghhhh….

First I get onboard hoping the insanely hot redhead is at least seated in the same section as myself. She was with some one but still sweet to look at, and being a Libra I just like being around pretty things. Sized the dude up as “beta male with cash” the one you end up with when the real prize gets away.

“Wa Wa Waaa… thanks for playing, better luck next time but here is a copy of the home game”

Second they sit in the sleeper duo just behind me and I and thinking to myself BE polite and DON’T stare. Then it starts. Right after take off you can tell they are not getting along as well as one would think. That annoying hushed talk as if they are NOT disturbing everyone, sigh.

No Ambien, not since the incident with the Virgin air stewardess, (to be far she was a goddess) so headphones on, a wonderful film “Glorious 39” was showing and I am on my way home.

BUT

This guy wont quit, the rest of the trip he is first asking, then pleading… then the inevitable threats and finally the begging for the scrap we call “lets still be friends”

During the ride from terminal to town I thought just what is the best way to end it?

Does anyone really owe anyone an explanation or perhaps just a note on a pillow or better still a short text, just before the number change. No words beyond “its over” then just disappear.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment